UK furniture association signs three-year deal with the NEC
, Thursday, 02 August 2012
The Leisure and Outdoor Furniture Association (LOFA) has signed a three-year contract with the NEC, Birmingham, to host its Summer and Outdoor Living Exhibition (SOLEX) from July 2013.
The exhibition will move from the Telford International Centre, where it has been held for the past five years.
The NEC was chosen because it can accommodate the event's need for more space and continued growth.
Phil Gibbs, secretary of the Leisure and Outdoor Furniture Association, explained: "While we’ve been really happy in Telford, we are committed to growing our exhibition and need additional capacity to accommodate expansion.
"The space and flexibility offered by the NEC, combined with its central location and great transport links are perfect for our needs and we look forward to growing the show with them over the next three years."
Organised by LOFA, the three-day show will run from 8-10 July 2013 and will bring together its association members to exhibit, including leading manufacturers of garden furniture, barbecues, gazebos, parasols, outdoor lighting and play equipment.
Another feature of the exhibition will be the use of the outside space to showcase barbeque equipment, which is always a popular feature with visitors.
You must log in to use Clip & Save
Share this story
Latest Stories from Association Event Planner
Latest Jobs Jobs web feed
- Studio Manager - Events & Experiential £50000 - 60000 per annum, Dubai
- Event Account Manager £30000 - 35000 per annum, North London
- Event Manager (contract) £24k-£26k pro-rata depending on experience, Central London
- Programme Producer £24k+bonus OTE £35k, London
- Marketing Manager £30k-£35k+bonus, London
- Date: Mon 20 May 2013 - Mon 20 May 2013
- Venue: Hall 8, Messe Frankfurt, Germany
- Date: Thu 06 Jun 2013 - Fri 07 Jun 2013
- Venue: Central London - exact dates and venue TBC shortly
- Date: Tue 11 Jun 2013 - Thu 13 Jun 2013
- Venue: McCormick Place, Chicago, USA