News & Analysis
Latest news for association event planners, covering UK and international destinations, venues, technology, corporate social responsibility and trends.
The European Renal Association and the European College of Sport Science will both hold their annual congresses in Vienna in 2016.
Uefa's Panos Tzivanidis has been appointed to head up events at the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
Three international association congresses will take place at the ICC Birmingham from 2014 to 2016, attracting more than 3,000 delegates and generating £4.8m for the local economy.
Abu Dhabi's new convention bureau will offer financial support to attract more international association events.
Thailand's MICE industry enjoyed a buoyant year in 2012 with MICE visitors up by 6 per cent. Here's an overview of what's happening in Thailand
A roundtable debate on internationalisation for the association market will be hosted by the International Congress and Convention Association's (ICCA) UK and Ireland Chapter during Confex Week.
Eventia and the IVCA have set an early April deadline for members to vote on a merger between the two associations.
The Royal International Convention Centre (RICC) has opened in Brisbane.
Latest Comment & People
Brian Smith discusses the association's events, revenue-generating services and his favourite conference venues
Technological advances are a benefit, not a threat, to today's associations, says ASAE president, John H. Graham IV.
The British Cardiovascular Society (BCS) has signed a five-year deal with Manchester Central to host its annual conference from 2014 to 2018.
With a new study suggesting event 'ownership' is vital to the future success of exhibitions, Alison Ledger considers the implications for associations.
Rob Davidson on num bums and buttock-breaking conference seating
Latest Jobs Jobs web feed
- Studio Manager - Events & Experiential £50000 - 60000 per annum, Dubai
- Event Account Manager £30000 - 35000 per annum, North London
- Event Manager (contract) £24k-£26k pro-rata depending on experience, Central London
- Programme Producer £24k+bonus OTE £35k, London
- Marketing Manager £30k-£35k+bonus, London
- Date: Mon 20 May 2013 - Mon 20 May 2013
- Venue: Hall 8, Messe Frankfurt, Germany
- Date: Thu 06 Jun 2013 - Fri 07 Jun 2013
- Venue: Central London - exact dates and venue TBC shortly
- Date: Tue 11 Jun 2013 - Thu 13 Jun 2013
- Venue: McCormick Place, Chicago, USA