Aberdeen Convention Bureau to close
, Friday, 10 August 2012
Aberdeen Convention Bureau will close its doors on 31 August, with business tourism part of the remit for the city's new destination marketing organisation Visit Aberdeen and Aberdeen City Council.
The body will also have support from Visit Scotland’s Business Tourism Unit.
The Bureau currently employs two full-time and one part-time member of staff, who have either decided to take voluntary redundancy or have secured employment elsewhere.
Sales and marketing manager Alesia du Plessis has already moved to a role at Visit Scotland, since 9 July, but has been helping out with Aberdeen Convention Bureau in the meantime.
Aberdeen Convention Bureau is funded to the sum of £213,750 by Aberdeen City Council and is managed by Visit Scotland.
A spokesperson for Visit Aberdeen said that "securing additional non-discretionary business tourism will be a key objective for Visit Aberdeen".
A Visit Aberdeen business plan, which went to Aberdeen City Council in September 2011, set out an intention to transfer business tourism to the DMO, which was set up in December 2011.
You must log in to use Clip & Save
Share this story
Latest Stories from Association Event Planner
Latest Jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior/Account Manager, Shopper Marketing £26000 to £38000 per annum, London
- EVENTS AND MARKETING ASSISTANT £26,501 (including LW), London SE1
- Producer £38000 to £45000 per annum, London
- Account Director, Experiential £45000 to £55000 per annum, London
- Receptionist (Part-Time/Contract) £18k+bonus (£3k approx) pro-rata, Central London (Marylebone)
- Date: Thu 06 Jun 2013 - Fri 07 Jun 2013
- Venue: Central London - exact dates and venue TBC shortly
- Date: Tue 11 Jun 2013 - Thu 13 Jun 2013
- Venue: McCormick Place, Chicago, USA
- Date: Mon 02 Sep 2013 - Wed 04 Sep 2013
- Venue: China National Convention Center, Beijing, China